32161Re: Help with The Inevitable Question
- Sep 1, 2008Hi Simon,
Many of my clients ask the same question. How estimate revamping an
You have to start from concrete facts:
1) your current application even it's not perfect works every day.
2) Your application is based on VB code, therefore this code is
the latest version of your application documentation.
3) You know all functions and methods, screens, data structure and
4) you may know how long a new feature took to be designed
developed and tested.
For my point of view your project is quite large so you may need a
proof of concept phase to estimate time and budget.
I think your gradual revamping is a good approach, upon these 4 basic
facts above you can estimate and budget for example section X which
will use that method, that class, this sort of data structure, this
database access. Use "playing cards" Scrum phase to estimate our team
velocity at day one.
Then refine your figures by using COCOMOII analysis, function points
estimate and add some contingency.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>