3049RE: [scrumdevelopment] RE: What to do with "loose ends"

  • Karl Scotland
    Mar 12, 2004
      Comments embedded below...

      In some senses it is always a rush because we are doing full releases at
      least every month. On the other hand, we have managed the rush by
      reducing the amount of work we commit to. The "decompression" happens
      at the start of every release, so the amount of decompression depends on
      the length of release. A very short release allows for less
      decompression. What I found interesting (and satisfying) was that it
      was the business team that suggested we commit to less in order to
      improve the quality, because the impact of committing to too much was so
      visible.

      > I find it interesting that people can have a 'decompression time'
      > at the start of an iteration even when they *know* that they
      > always end up leaving loose ends in the rush at the end. I just
      > don't know what lessons to learn from this observation (yet).
      > Perhaps better feedback on estimation so the loose ends get
      > included would help?

      I've found that the burn down indicates when the decompression is
      decompressing too much.

      Karl

      BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

      stated.