29684Re: [scrumdevelopment] Tips for hiring a Product Owner

  • Markus Silpala
    Jun 2, 2008
      On Jun 1, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Rob Park wrote:

      Why do you feel that you have to have a person/team for product owner?  Could you challenge that thinking and get the "whole team" to discover the stories and priorities from the right people, but as a team?

      I've tried to do that in the past, but did not find much success. It led to some goldplating and discussions that went too easily into the weeds as the team argued over their differing guesses at business needs. Have you succeeded with that approach in the past or present? I'd be interested to hear of some positive cases.

      Tangential side-question: were you in the Sunday morning discussion of this at Agile Coach Camp?

      -Markus

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic