2931Re: What to do with "loose ends"

  • Deb
    Mar 9, 2004
      <ronjeffries@X...> wrote:
      > On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 7:29:40 AM, dennis wrote:
      >
      > Why doesn't the Product Manager just decide what sprint to put them
      in?

      Yes, this is one of the more pernicious culture hang-overs to cure
      when you switch to Scrum. The urge to "finish it". Mea culpa.

      However, now we are about making things "sufficient" and then doing
      the next important thing, right?

      So the right thing to do is: create a backlog item for each loose
      end, and let the customer prioritise them separately. When you ask
      them: would they rather tweak the headers of 5 reports or add a
      warning message to a critical window... whatever they pick is right.
      And you do that next.

      We must stop trying to perfect our work products, and instead work to
      perfect the business of our clients. It's their call.

      Somebody remind me, if I blow this again tomorrow!
      :-)
      deb

      PS: we must get used to the possibility of a never-finishing backlog.
      What gets to "finish" is the Sprint. As in life, the backlog will
      always be there :-)
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic