29010Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Backlog of technical tasks?

  • Rob Park
    May 1, 2008
      I believe the crux of the issue is that it can be hard to justify technical stories in terms of business value.  If you can't make that justification, you can't prioritize it as part of the backlog.

      E.g. Why does the customer want/need me to refactor xyz() into class J?

      We all know the technical debt needs to be worked down, so some are saying just put it on the side and handle it as overhead via slack.

      On a healthy team, we handled as much debt as we could with each story as the story touched it.
      On a not yet healthy team, we are putting them on the sprint directly, because in fact it's easier to justify the customer value when you're having issues.

      .rob.
    • Show all 55 messages in this topic