29000Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum / Agile Guidelines and Checklist

  • Ilja Preuss
    May 1, 2008
      MacKilby wrote:

      > That being said, I have no problem if this document is a charter for
      > an individual team. Some teams I've found do need this codification
      > at the start, but it ends up becoming a disposable document as trust
      > builds on the team (and I'm thinking PO, SM, and developers when I say
      > team).

      I agree, when the document states what the team members expect from each
      other, and when all the team members agree that it is the right thing to
      do, and agree on the content of the document. That is, when the document
      is the *result* of a conversation between all the affected people.

      That's not what I understood Michael's situation to be. It sounded to me
      as if the document codified what the team expected from "outside"
      members, and as if those possibly even hadn't been asked whether they
      wanted such a documented, and as if the document came *before* the
      conversation with all those affected. To the amount that this impression
      is correct, it would trouble me.

      Cheers, Ilja
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic