28452Re: Developing a sense of commitment among the Team to completing the Sprint Backlog

  • dvroberts411
    Apr 4, 2008
      Hi George,

      Over the course of our 3 sprints, the # of user stories has varied
      between 3 (the current sprint) to about 9. The current sprint
      should be an anomaly because there was a large design task that the
      Team wanted to tackle that they felt could not be further broken
      down, and it turned out to be a great experience for the Team with
      pair programming. And yes, the PO does, indeed, attend each Daily
      Stand-Up.

      Hank: thanks again for your advice. As it turns out, we have
      negotiated with the PO to reserve 40 hours (roughly 13%) of each
      sprint for activities that the Team feels are needed to improve
      infrastructure and enable better/faster development of user
      stories. The Team wanted more time, of course, but it's great that
      the PO and Team realize each other's priorities.

      Have a good weekend, all.

      Doug

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, George Dinwiddie
      <lists@...> wrote:

      > dvroberts411 wrote:
      > > Thanks, Hank (and Rodney) for your suggestions to make the
      failure
      > > to complete all the user stories in the Sprint Backlog more
      > > visible. Actually, the PO is quite aware and concerned, and
      vocal,
      > > about the Sprint Backlog not being completed in each of the 2
      > > completed (to date) sprints. What I have to figure out is how
      > > develop a sense of ownership among the Team members and that
      > > commitment to the Sprint backlog is more than the
      attitude 'We'll

      http://blog.gdinwiddie.com
      http://www.idiacomputing.com
      http://www.agilemaryland.org