28448Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Developing a sense of commitment among the Team to completing the Sprint Backlog

  • George Dinwiddie
    Apr 4 7:33 AM
      dvroberts411 wrote:
      > Thanks, Hank (and Rodney) for your suggestions to make the failure
      > to complete all the user stories in the Sprint Backlog more
      > visible. Actually, the PO is quite aware and concerned, and vocal,
      > about the Sprint Backlog not being completed in each of the 2
      > completed (to date) sprints. What I have to figure out is how to
      > develop a sense of ownership among the Team members and that
      > commitment to the Sprint backlog is more than the attitude 'We'll
      > get done as much as we can'.

      How many stories are "in flight" at the same time? Working on as few as
      possible, without developers stepping on each other, not only helps get
      things accomplished rather than just started, but it also increases the
      interdependency between the developers. That is likely to develop as
      sense of commitment faster than the commitment to the PO, as they're
      working with each other every day.

      Does the PO come to the daily scrum?

      - George