28414Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: What's the meaning of "Adjusted Planning Velocity"?

  • Pascal Thivent
    Apr 2, 2008
      Well, I'm sure as I have the paper version on my desk right now :
      there are some slides about drag factor.

      Having reread them, I confirm this drag factor was applied on
      estimates in *ITD* and that the amount of work to take was based on
      the team *capacity* in ITD / sprint, not a velocity in story points.

      Check this sample course (http://www.scrumalliance.org/resources/36),
      p.37 to 45.

      Using story points for estimates has not always been the case and
      people did use Ideal days or Ideal Team Days earlier. With ITD, I can
      see the need for a drag factor and it juste makes the whole thing very
      similar to SP and velocity. It's just more complicated, less
      accurate... and I guess that's why we prefer story points today.

      Anyhow, as I wrote it, I don't don't see the point of a drag when
      using story points and velocity neither. I was just replying to the
      original question.

      Cheers,

      --
      Pascal