28413Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Developing a sense of commitment among the Team to completing the Sprint Backlog

  • George Dinwiddie
    Apr 2, 2008
      dvroberts411 wrote:
      > Hi George,
      >
      > I am the SM for the Team: sorry, I should have mentioned that in the
      > original post.
      >
      > I have not brought it up as a topic during the Sprint Retrospective,
      > but I have it on my agenda of topics to talk about for the upcoming
      > meeting this Monday. I will take your suggestion and pose it more
      > as a question to the Team at the meeting: 'What does it mean to you
      > to 'commit' to the Sprint Backlog?'.

      Doug, it occurs to me that the Dev Team and the PO may be content with
      the current level of "commitment." If that's the case, I'm not sure
      it's the scrummasters call to ask for a higher level. Certainly that
      contentment may not be forever, as someone is likely to want more once
      they start thinking about it.

      It's likely, however, that the Dev Team and PO are /not/ in agreement on
      this topic. In that case, facilitating a discussion between them would
      be good for the health of the project. It may be tricky to avoid the
      emotional landmines, of course. You may want to study up on
      facilitation techniques.

      - George