26446Re: Importance of Scrum Master Training / Cert

  • Andrew Walker
    Jan 20, 2008
      The key thing here is learning, and IMHO, which ever way you learn best is really the best
      way to go. Having said that, I read the books some time ago and just completed the Scrum
      Master Certification course and got a lot from it.

      When I learn new things, I look at a variety of sources - books, blogs, articles and
      sometimes training, finding, hopefully a fairly balanced viewpoint. My bias is generally to
      start off looking at material from the originating authors to try and get a feel for the

      Never stop learning and keep an open mind - focus on point a) and as a result you may
      experience b) but remember agility really focuses on value. Therefore agile approaches
      may lead to faster time to market, not because you produce more, but because you
      achieve better value, earlier.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "tpagliocco" <tpagliocco@...> wrote:
      > Our team is new to Scrum and to the framework and rules that go along
      > with it. I'd say for being new to the game, the team is getting
      > hungry to a) learm more about scrum and b) begin banging out more in
      > less time.
      > Overall, this a good thing.
      > From my perspective, my question is, how important would Scrum Master
      > Certification help me not only lead my team, but also help to continue
      > educating on the foundations of scrum.
      > Our CTO is a great resource for help on scrum (however he's not in our
      > office, but in our corporate office in another state) but I believe in
      > my role I have to not only continue to expand my knowledge on the
      > subject but also try and educate myself as fast as possible so I can
      > help guide the rest of the office.
      > Your opinions are welcome. Thanks much.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic