26445Re: Importance of Scrum Master Training / Cert

  • tpagliocco
    Jan 20, 2008
      So going now before we bring in a scrum coach (if we do, it wouldnt be
      for a while), I interpet your statement that this would great for a
      new scrum team that is trying to "get it" and also wanting to make
      sure we're not mis-interpreting anything from our library of books.

      Also groups like this make for fantastic community support as well.

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Pierre Mengal" <pierre@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I tried to implement Scrum 2 years ago by reading books (Ken's pair,
      Mike
      > Cohn thing and Henrik's bytes) and articles on the internet.
      >
      > When I attended the CSM course few months later, I found that I was
      doing
      > many things wrong. This is probably why I was getting average results ;)
      >
      > The course helped me to "get it".
      >
      > If you are willing to implement Scrum in your organisation, I highly
      suggest
      > you to send your developers to certification courses or hire a certified
      > coach.
      >
      > Pierre
      > On Jan 20, 2008 7:15 AM, tpagliocco <tpagliocco@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Our team is new to Scrum and to the framework and rules that go
      along
      > > with it. I'd say for being new to the game, the team is getting
      > > hungry to a) learm more about scrum and b) begin banging out more in
      > > less time.
      > >
      > > Overall, this a good thing.
      > >
      > > >From my perspective, my question is, how important would Scrum Master
      > > Certification help me not only lead my team, but also help to continue
      > > educating on the foundations of scrum.
      > >
      > > Our CTO is a great resource for help on scrum (however he's not in our
      > > office, but in our corporate office in another state) but I believe in
      > > my role I have to not only continue to expand my knowledge on the
      > > subject but also try and educate myself as fast as possible so I can
      > > help guide the rest of the office.
      > >
      > > Your opinions are welcome. Thanks much.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic