      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ext Roy Morien
      Sent: 2008年1月4日 9:53
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [scrumdevelopment] Break down product backlog problem

      Well, it looks like you've got a typical obstinate, "waterfall" oriented PM, and he is not interested in agile development, and Scrum. Maybe you should just feel a bit sorry for him, being so insulated from better ideas and so convinced that he is right.

      I have always said that the rules of Scrum, or any other method, are not so rigid that we must agonise about breaking those rules, but the fact is, when you start doing things that are totally contrary to the method that you are following, then you just cannot be said to be following that method, and you are just moving back to the old-fashioned, tried and failed methods of the past. The regular beat of iterations is a major characteristic of Scrum, and indeed mostother agile approaches, and to disturb that so much is making a nonsense of the claim that your following Scrum.

      Regards,
      Roy Morien

      To: scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com
      From: leo.ren@nsn. com
      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:47:24 +0800

      thanks Srinivas. I believe our feature can be broken down. but that PM doesn't want to break it down.
      that's the problem. he thinks it's a waste of effort to break it down and no value. I think he is used
      to waterfall(he is new PM from another company), although I try to convince him from risk and quick feedback aspects. but I failed.

      Best Regards
      Leo Ren