24963Re: Potentially releasable software

  • Michael James
    Nov 4, 2007
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Ilja Preuss <it@...> wrote:

      > The first time a feature produces "real" value is when an end user uses
      > it in a production environment. The less delay there is between the
      > development of a feature and an end user using it, the less waste.

      Also less risk. Building subsystems while deferring their
      integration and testing is asking for trouble.

      "Potentially shippable" means shippable within one stabilization
      sprint, or less. I'd rather have a smaller number of potentially
      shippable features than a larger number of features that
      haven't been integrated with the end product.

      --mj
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic