      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rhythmstar
      Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:22 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint whiteboard and issue tracking tools?

      Depends on your context. We have clients who have some fairly
      demanding process requirements, even some Six Sigma shops. It's hard
      to satisfy their "needs" without a tracking tool of some kind. I think
      as long as one does not let the tool interfere with the flow, it can
      be a good thing. Particularly when there might be some future
      disagreements on what was asked for, etc., being able to produce a
      hard copy of requirements (i.e., User Stories with Conditions of
      Satisfaction) and task completion history can be handy. :-)

      Bill House

      PS - we use ScrumWorks Pro from Danube .

      --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, "Sebastien ARBOGAST"
      <sebastien.arbogast @...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      > We are just starting to implement SCRUM on a few projects and one of our
      > teams is asking us to set up an issue tracking tool like JIRA or Trac in
      > order to monitor bugs and improvements.
      > The thing is that it would be just for them as there hasn't been any
      > production release yet so the product owner would not have any
      visibility on
      > it.
      > The first thing I answered them is that it would be redundant with the
      > whiteboard/post- it technique they're using.
      > Moreover, in my experience, when issue tracking systems are used
      during the
      > development phase of a project, issues pile up but are rarely treated.
      >
      > What do you think? What are the best practices in that matter?
      >
      > --
      > S├ębastien Arbogast
      >
      > http://www.sebastie n-arbogast. com

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic