2463RE: [scrumdevelopment] Iteration Length

  • Karl Scotland
    Feb 9 5:23 AM

      A great ScrumMaster once told me, "It depends on common sense" :)

      Personally, I'm doing one week iterations wih my team at the moment. I
      wouldn't necessarily work the same way with every team though. Others
      seem to be saying the same thing.

      Factirs which would affect my decision would include...
      1) Business chaos - a business which is really ducking and diving would
      benefit from shorter iterations.
      2) Project length - the shorter the overall projects, the shorter the
      iterations.
      3) Technical ability - shorter iterations benefit less mature teams
      because they promote more focus.

      If I was working with a great team, on a longterm project, for a stable
      business, I'd probably consider monthly iterations.

      I've submitted a paper on doing weekly iterations with Scrum and XP for
      the gathering. Hope it gets accepted :)

      Karl

      BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

      stated.