24281RE: [scrumdevelopment] Sprint cycles?

  • Andrew Burrows
    Oct 5, 2007

      Hi Fredrik,

      I’m pretty new to Scrum Development myself, but I find it best to stick to cycles that are the same duration rather than constrain them from Monday to Friday.

      What this means to us is that while starting a ten-day sprint on a Thursday instead of a Monday, for example, isn’t as neat in the calendar, it allows the team to develop a rhythm for each sprint and also gives us a fairer sprint velocity calculation.

      This is only my take on the issue, however – I’d be keen to hear from other people on this subject also.

      Thanks.