2367"You'd be insane to adopt scrum..." (quote from SlashDot)

  • Mike Cohn
    Jan 6, 2004

      Here’s an article on SlashDot today that pretty much misses the point:

      There are so many missed points and inaccuracies in here that’s it’s hard to even know where to begin. Still, it’s interesting to see how the misinformed Slashdotters see Scrum.

      Anyone have any idea what project is being referred to in the followup posts when the author states:

      At my company, one division used the Scrum method, and it failed, taking the division, 100 jobs, and millions of development dollars with it. The biggest problem I heard from senior programmers in other divisions was that the daily scrums encouraged people to build a great prototype to show what they would do, but there so never anything actually done. Programmers would work for hours in the morning to fix the problems identified in the prototype, make changes in the afternoon, and start again after the next scrum. Waste, waste, waste.”

      That doesn’t sound much like a Scrum project; certainly not one with a ScrumMaster who had any idea how to Scrum.

      --Mike

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic