22822Re: Team building activities

  • nidge1977
    Aug 4, 2007
      I'm surprised no one has mentioned my favourite part of the 2007
      Scrum Gathering in Portland:

      Werewolf. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(game))

      Fantastic for bringing together strangers and for having great fun as
      a team. I played it back in my workplace with my colleagues and
      it generated conversation for days if not WEEKS after!

      I felt it really helped me get to know my fellow attendees at the
      gathering - even though I got lynched for being far too clever! ;-)

      (I also think there is something to be said for using it to enhance
      your people reading skills, discussion and faciliation talents. All
      needed by a good scrummaster.)

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Ray" <keith.ray@...>
      > I once heard about "team golf" helping a bunch of executives learn
      > about team-work: 4-person teams - each person in rotation gets a
      turn at
      > hitting the team's single golf ball. It gave the poor golfers in a
      team a
      > chance to play a well-played ball, and gave the good golfers in a
      team the
      > chance to play a poorly-played ball. And thus they learned to see
      at least a
      > little something from each other's point of view, as well has how to
      > encourage and mentor each other, since they were competing with
      other as
      > teams rather than competing with each other as individuals.
      > On 8/3/07, Robin Dymond <robin.dymond@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone,
      > >
      > > I realize true teams come from the time it takes to become a team
      > > doing the work. However I have a couple new teams and want to do
      > > activities with them that will create a shared experience,
      require reliance
      > > on each other, be enjoyable/fun.
      > >
      > > Any suggestions besides team drinking games and the 59 minute
      scrum? :)

      > > cheers,
      > > Robin Dymond.
      > >

      > --