22807Re: [scrumdevelopment] Team building activities

  • Keith Ray
    Aug 3 4:59 PM
      I once heard about "team golf" helping a bunch of executives learn something about team-work: 4-person teams - each person in rotation gets a turn at hitting the team's single golf ball. It gave the poor golfers in a team a chance to play a well-played ball, and gave the good golfers in a team the chance to play a poorly-played ball. And thus they learned to see at least a little something from each other's point of view, as well has how to encourage and mentor each other, since they were competing with other as teams rather than competing with each other as individuals.

      On 8/3/07, Robin Dymond <robin.dymond@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,

      I realize true teams come from the time it takes to become a team while doing the work. However I have a couple new teams and want to do some activities with them that will create a shared experience, require reliance on each other, be enjoyable/fun.

      Any suggestions besides team drinking games and the 59 minute scrum? :)

      cheers,
      Robin Dymond.

      --
      C. Keith Ray