22315Re: Origins of Scrum

  • jay_conne
    Jul 5, 2007
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Schwaber"
      <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:
      > I think of Scrum as a framework. Think of chess. The board is
      defined, the pieced are defined, the rules of play are defined. So the
      game is repeatable. However, every instance is so unique that there
      are tons of books on tactics and strategies, studying games and the
      various players. That is how I view Scrum. I think repeatable is an
      awkward, misleading word in this context.
      > Ken

      Once a student elegantly stated, "Oh, Scrum is simply an interaction
      model." I love the pith of that.

      I now talk about Scrum as a communication model for small,
      cross-functional, creative teams. It models communication among the
      team members and with those that are paying for their work. Then the
      conversation continues with what is value and to whom.

    • Show all 39 messages in this topic