22302Re: Measuring Scrum Effectiveness

  • Alan Shalloway
    Jul 4, 2007
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "jsapriel19" <jsapriel@...>
      wrote:

      > I am wondering if anyone made the effort to collect either
      empirical
      > or "scientific" measurements of the impact and effectiveness of
      the
      > Scrum Framework on Software Development organizations ???
      >
      > I recently heard of a PA based organization that significantly
      reduced
      > the "percentage" (I am quoting here) of defects in their code,
      > significantly reduced attrition in its development group and
      increased
      > job satisfaction.
      >
      > That is super cool and it is anecdotic data.
      >
      > Has anyone compiled more empirical data, any research in progress ?
      >
      > If not, anyone crasy enough to undertake this project with me,
      please
      > contact me.

      One of the interesting measures that is hard to do is how much code
      are you not writing. If the product owner can tell you they have
      enough function before they would have stopped with a waterfall
      you've done more than increase productivity. You've decreased the
      complexity of the software since it is smaller and simpler.

      Alan Shalloway
      CEO, Net Objectives
      Maximizing Product Development ROI through training, coaching and
      consulting.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic