22289Re: [scrumdevelopment] Agile Portfolio Managment

  • matt gelbwaks
    Jul 3, 2007
      As the blogger on the portfolio management blog, my advice on the subject is twofold:

      1) Take your agile principals and abstract them up so that they cover your organization or company and then use them to manage your portfolio as you had previously used your principals to manage you projects

      2) Charter your portfolio (and your PMO) so that the entire team understands what the goals and objectives really are.  Once there, conceive of your program/project reviews as if they were iteration reviews - set the portfolio review so that every project manager can come to it with their burn ups and burn downs fresh from theis most recent iteration, then each undertaking can be reviewed such that its current trend is compared to its plan and the current business value can be evaluated and affirmed.

      I'd be more than happy to go into any or all of this in more detail, but let's do it off list as this really is not Scrum Development.

      Feel free to reach me at matt.gelbwaks@...

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic