21792Re: Tracebility

  • gddrennan
    Jun 1, 2007
      Having come from a previous environment (the US military) where we
      experienced frequent personnel turn-over I can relate to
      bennyou.cpt's situation.

      One of the ways that we used to maintain the "history" of why
      decisions, designs or implementations were done a certain way was to
      have each project person keep a journal with daily reflections
      related to the project.

      When person "A" left the project, his or her journal was turned over
      to the person who replaced them. In this way we were able to pass
      on historical information that might otherwise have been lost.

      Were I to be involved in a similar situation today, instead of
      journals, I think I would encourage the team members to setup a blog.

      Having said all this, we don't have this problem at my current
      employer as the teams I work with work on 3-4 week sprints
      (depending on which project you look at) and so completing the
      stories doesn't drag on long enough for us to encounter team member
      turn-over.

      Gregg

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, srinivas chillara
      <ceezone@...> wrote:

      > There are only the (at the most four) artifacts
      > generated by Scrum:
      > 1. Product Backlog
      > 2. Sprint Backlog
      > 3. Burndown chart
      >
      > So if the product backlog is maintained, how can
      > things/stories go missing, these items are tracked,
      > and so are the tasks that are being done, in a sprint
      > backlog?
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic