21778Re: Scrum training

  • Roman Pichler
    Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Patrick,

      Judging from my experience, most product owners need additional
      knowledge and skills to do their job effectively. The CSM class
      primarily focuses on the skills necessary for ScrumMasters. I have
      trained product owners using dedicated training classes, workshops
      and boot camps. I also frequently recommended self-study, e.g., by
      reading Mike Cohn's excellent book on user stories. It depends on
      what is most helpful for the people involved and how much exposure
      the individuals have had to Scrum.

      Best regards,
      Roman

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Debois
      <Patrick.Debois@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roman, I'm not talking from the trainer perspective. I was
      thinking
      > from the trainee perspective.
      > Would it make sense to follow the PO training if you already
      followed
      > the SM training?
      >

      > Roman Pichler wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Patrick,
      > >
      > > You can either schedule a third day that covers product owner
      topics
      > > such as product backlog management and user stories or you can
      > > schedule a separate product owner class. Even though my personal
      > > preference as a trainer and coach is the second option, it very
      much
      > > depends on the situation of your client. If you have only a few
      > > product owners that need to be trained, I'd go for the second
      option.

      > > Best regards,
      > > Roman
      > >
      > > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:scrumdevelopment%40yahoogroups.com>, Patrick Debois
      > > <Patrick.Debois@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > As a consultant I often switch sides: sometimes at the customer
      > > side
      > > > managing the company doing the project, sometimes implementing
      it
      > > > together for a customer.
      > > >
      > > > I've scheduled a CSM training, does it make sense to follow both
      > > > trainings? Or is most of the information 'overlapping'.

      Click
      > > here
      > > <http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php>
      > > <http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php>>