21634Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Script to generate index cards from product backlog

  • Henrik Kniberg
    May 23, 2007
      I tried an MS Word mail merge solution too. Clumsier than the MS Access solution, but good for teams that don't have Access.

      If someone has a good MS Word solution, how about putting it online and informing us? I'm sure many will be grateful.

      Nobody has shown an Excel-only solution for printing index cards yet. Is it impossible? I thought Excel could do everything including frying my eggs :o)

      /Henrik

      --
      Henrik Kniberg
      http://www.crisp.se

      On 5/23/07, Petri Heiramo <petri.heiramo@... > wrote:

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Karl Scotland" <karls@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Henrik,
      >
      > Sorry for the late reply - I'm struggling to keep up with my email
      lists at
      > the moment!
      >
      > I did something similar once using MS Word mail merge. You can tell
      Word to
      > use an Excel spreadsheet as the data source and setup a template to
      print
      > like index cards. I'm sure I picked up the idea from Mike Cohn.
      >
      > Its not quite doing it directly in Excel, but its probably simpler than
      > using Access!

      I've done the same thing for internal use. It's a bit clumsy, but it
      works when one knows how to use it.

      Petri Heiramo
      Process Improvement Manager
      SYSOPENDIGIA Plc., Finland