21411Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum Vs Prince2

  • Nicholas Cancelliere
    May 9, 2007

      Anything that is "published," and can have a finger pointed at it, becomes this way.  "Look it says right here on page 33 that you must do step X before step Y."  Even though that might not work for your organization -- you'll get people who are more comfortable with the scapegoat.

      People stop thinking for themselves and instead look for something to tell them the solution.  Then accountability is rationalized away because, well -- "I was just doing what it says to in the book for this situation!"

      ...religion comes to mind when I think of this concept.

      Nicholas

      On 5/3/07, Ken Schwaber <ken.schwaber@...> wrote:

      Absolutely … the best guides are all of the books that have been published over the years, such as risk management. The moment it becomes a guide it becomes stepwise and restrictive, in my experience.

      Ken