21408Re: Multiple Projects & Sprints

  • Casey Manus
    May 9, 2007
      Another big concern is reporting, how do we show our sprint burndown
      to the stakeholders of project1 without the noise of project2?

      This alone may drive us to running multiple sprints with the same
      team members, but that feels awkward.

      -Casey

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Casey Manus"
      <caseymanus@...> wrote:

      > All,
      >
      > My company has committed to using Scrum as our methodology and are
      in
      > the forming stages of getting development kicked off on several
      large
      > projects. This comes after a technology shift in the company so we
      are
      > starting from scratch on all the projects.
      >
      > We have some staffing concern, at least 4 projects with currently
      only
      > 6 developers and a few ancillary staff members (dbas, QA, etc) that
      > will be involved in the projects, so that increases our total team
      size
      > to maybe 8 or 9 at maximum.
      >
      > How do we handle this situation...I see a couple scenarios
      >
      > 1. One Sprint Team, running 1 sprint at time...putting items from
      all
      > projects into the product backlog. This appeals to me because it
      means
      > we have high visibility into items which are similiar enough to be
      > shared between projects.
      > 2. Run concurrent sprints for each project. I worry about this
      with
      > such a small team, and breaking into multiple teams seems bad at
      our
      > current size.
      >

      > We will be growing, so we will eventually be able to split into
      more
      > than one team, but that isn't going to happen for a few more months.
      >

      > What advise can I get?

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic