21391RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint Review and Planning Process

  • Jeff Martin
    May 7, 2007
      We're in our 2nd year of using 2 week iterations.  That length of time seems perfect for our company.  We have a PO who is constantly coming up with new ideas and changing priorities, I just can't imagine the amount of rework we would have to do if we went a whole month.  A couple months back, we did a 3 week iteration because we had a deadline set that would have been in mid-iteration.  We then did three 1 week iterations to get back on track and most of our work was going to be minor tweaks to the release we had just put out.

      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of petriheiramo
      Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 5:43 AM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Sprint Review and Planning Process

      --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, "myoungtai" <myoungtai@. ..>
      wrote:

      > Sprints are four weeks (i.e. one month).

      I'm actually curious how common are the 4-weeks sprints, as suggested
      by Scrum. In our company, I can only think of one project out of quite
      a few that have felt that four weeks might be good for them (or to be
      more precise, they have felt the two-week sprints were a little too
      short). In most cases, two weeks have been considered good, and then
      there are some very innovation intensive projects that have used
      one-week sprints and felt them best for themselves.

      Any more comprehensive experiences?

      Yours Sincerely,

      Petri Heiramo
      Process Improvement Manager