      -----Mensagem original-----
      De: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] Em nome de woynam
      Enviada em: sexta-feira, 4 de maio de 2007 12:58
      Para: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Assunto: [scrumdevelopment] Re: College initiatives

      I teach part-time in the MSCIS program at the Northwestern University School of Continuing Studies, in addition to my day job as a software engineer (20 years). I discuss agile (testing) in my Software Testing course, and agile (Scrum, and XP) and iterative (RUP) development in my Project Management and Software Development course. For completeness, I also cover traditional project management topics.
      While I'd love to spend more time covering agile principles and practices, the reality is that the majority of the students work for a living, and their employers utilize waterfall and TPM, so I have to prepare them for that. :-(

      Lastly, I utilize many elements of agile development in the capstone project course. Students work in teams to develop a 3-tier system over a period of two 4-week iterations. Each iteration focuses on a handful of features/use cases/user stories, and results in a working application. Students are required to gather minimal requirements, design a little, code a little, test a little (acceptance and unit tests), and document a little. While documentation is required, it's fairly lightweight, as the goal is working software (over comprehensive documentation). Unit tests are mandatory, but I do not mandate TDD, although I do encourage it.

      Mark

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com <mailto:scrumdevelopment%40yahoogroups.com> , "Heitor Roriz Filho"
      <hroriz@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > Does anyone know or runs any innitiative to teach/spread scrum or
      other agile methodologies in colleges? I would like to gather opinions about it. Would it be a good idea?

      > Heitor

      > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      2/5/2007 14:16

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.