21342Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Scrum Vs Prince2

  • David H.
    May 3, 2007
      > The traditional C-and-C means of executing projects
      > (in an IT setting) must be having something in value
      > for us. Maynot be the general Command and control
      > approach, but some aspects. Maybe the way QC is set up
      > independantly, more likely risk management, etc.

      It in deed does, even though that only happens on a psychological
      level. C&C structures allows to perceive an illusion of control. We
      like to be in control, it makes us feel safe and, you guessed it, in
      control. Unfortunately that does not work for complex systems, still
      be try to believe that we can command and control those environment,
      because operating in a more free and less controlled manner makes us
      feel uneasy.

      But I could not explain this better than the many blogs and books that
      have been written on this topic already.

      benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic