21321Re: Scrum Vs Prince2

  • dnicolet99
    May 2, 2007
      I don't know what *he* means by it, but I think it's correct to say
      that Scrum is intentionally lightweight and allows for any sort of
      iterative process to be used along with it.

      It's significant that he writes, "at best." I think that gives away a
      bias on his part. I've noticed that sometimes people criticize Scrum
      because it omits methodological details; as I see it, that's a
      strength of Scrum, not a weakness. If someone is just looking for a
      project management cookbook, then they may find Scrum doesn't give
      them enough specific guidance for their needs.

      Dave

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas Cancelliere
      <nickaustin74@...> wrote:

      > Is it just me - or does anyone else have a problem with this statement:
      >
      > "I find it particularly useful as Scrum is, at best, a skeleton that
      > needs a lot of meat both inside, and in terms of topping and tailing
      > a project."
      >
      > I wonder what he means by this.
      >

      > Nicholas
      >

      > On May 1, 2007, at 3:29 AM, bc purushotham wrote:
      >
      > > Hi All,
      > >
      > > Can you please tell me what is the difference and
      > > similarities between Scrum and Prince2.
      > >
      > > Is is possible to use Scrum in prince2 project.
      > >
      > > Thanks,

      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic