20843Re: Who updates the Sprint Backlog?

  • wieberneitt
    Apr 2, 2007
      Hi,

      as I understand the post before the sprint backlog has been
      'optimized' away by making it the open tasks on the task board that
      are updated daily by the team members.

      We are doing a similar approach:
      Team members update the task board as part of the scrum meeting. The
      task notes on the board contain the open effort which is updated at
      this time by the team member responsible for the task.

      SM consolidates then and updates the burndown.

      This works pretty well

      Rgds
      Thomas

      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "hhroark" <Hank.Roark@...> wrote:

      > What you describe is updating the taskboard and burndown. There is
      > another artifact, the sprint backlog. It shows the list of tasks on
      > one axis and days of the sprint on another axis; it captures the
      > number of hours remaining for each task day by day. It is the history
      > of the details that happen during the sprint. Are you creating this?
      >
      > --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "eg0master" <yahoo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I agree that the most important fact is that the team must decide how
      > > they want it done.
      > > However I can speak for my current project (and I think our approach
      > > is quite common):
      > > -Team members update the tasboard whenever they like.
      > > -The SM verifies that the taskboard is updated at the daily scrum.
      > > Typically some members always update their tasks befpre the daily
      > > scrum and some only update during the daily scrum as part of them
      > > answering the three questions.
      > > - The SM sums up the time left and updates the burndown chart after
      > > each daily scrum.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic