20812Re: Getting ready for 1st sprint

  • Andreas Schliep
    Apr 1, 2007
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, "Emiliano Heyns"
      > Since we'll be starting our first sprint soon -- how much time would
      we need
      > to reserve to get things going?

      Hi Emiliano,

      a way that worked for us was a small "Story Gathering/Backlog
      Creation" Sprint, lasting four days. The POs had the following tasks:

      - Create User Stories
      - Perform Estimation Meetings
      - Refactor User Stories
      - Prioritize Backlog

      The important difference is not the time you take for the Story
      Gathering Sprint but the estimation meeting between backlog creation
      and Sprint planning. Typically, your POs are not experienced in
      creating good backlog items. We've seen that team members will give
      astronomically high estimates for bad stories. That forces the POs to
      refactor them.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic