206RE: [scrumdevelopment] Re: Splinter Department

  • Mike Beedle
    Feb 6, 2002
      Very interesting. Relating this back to Scrum a bit, this
      would mean that the task was assigned on the Product Backlog --
      because all the planned work needs to be there, and that to
      accomplish this work it would have to be allocated to the
      Sprint Backlog with special rules:
      1) do this optionally, 2) use up to 15% of your time on it,
      3) engage others as needed, 4) report progress in the Daily
      Scrums.

      This is a very interesting approach, Product Backlog and
      Sprint Backlog with rules.

      On occasion, we have had some of that, but I don't think it
      has been formalized by anyone. I think this is a valid and
      productive way of doing things. The Scrum Master would
      help the team members enforce the rules, of course.

      The only qualm I would have, is that it can get fairly
      complicated as the number of rules increases, but I guess
      different teams would have different rule tolerances ;-)

      If you don't mind Mary, I'd like to borrow this one for
      my next Scrum project,

      - Mike