      From: Edmund Schweppe [mailto:schweppe@...]
      Sent: Sun 10/12/2003 10:21 AM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [scrumdevelopment] What's wrong with tracking estimates vs. actuals?

      Steven Gordon wrote:
      > I have worked on many projects in the past where the
      > elimination of labor was considered a significant benefit,
      > if not the greatest benefit of the resulting process and/or
      > product.
      >
      > Why would the elimination of unnecessary management labor not
      > be a benefit to a client? Maybe, the case needs to be made
      > further up the food chain?

      What will the client do with the managers whose "unnecessary management
      labor" will be eliminated? Or, more to the point, what do the affected
      managers *think* the client will do with them?

      If the particular client has a history of dealing with "unnecessary"
      positions by firing the persons therein, the affected managers are going
      to be *very* strongly motivated to make sure *their* positions are seen
      as "necessary".

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1707209021:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>
      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=240962557>