19859RE: [scrumdevelopment] Best Practices + Estimation Tool

  • srinivas chillara
    Mar 1, 2007
      Hello All,
      While I agree with all that has been said, maybe we
      are missing a trick here. A tool (maybe even a simple
      spread-sheet) can help is keeping track of these gut
      estimates, re-estimates, and also the actual time
      taken. Then this data can be distilled so as to have
      historical data, based on that team's estimations and
      actuals, which can be extremely useful going forward.
      One of the reasons we mess up estimates is we often
      don't keep a record.

      cheers
      Srinivas (aka cheenie)

      http://in.answers.yahoo.com/