1843Re: [scrumdevelopment] dependancies

    Sep 15, 2003
      On Monday, September 15, 2003, at 10:33:53 PM, Mike wrote:

      > Thanks for the reply. Let me clarify my question:

      > Say you have component a.dll, developed by one programmer and an exe b.exe
      > which happens to be developed by a different programmer.

      > In the case where you need to add a feature where a.dll gets the feature and
      > b.exe gets to use that feature. That seems to me like a clear dependency
      > which is hard to ignore.

      > Customers ask for b.exe to have the end result feature, they don't
      > necessarily care what a.dll has or doesn't.

      > Because there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of dependencies usually I would
      > say that bumping up the priority of a.dll feature implementation would be
      > one way to do it...

      > What do you think about that approach?

      I think the dll feature isn't a feature, it's an implementation detail.
      Recall that in Scrum, when a feature is scheduled, the TEAM commits to the
      feature. So if b.exe's feature is scheduled, doing a.dll's task is part of
      the deal. The team figures this out -- it's how Scrum works.

      Does that make sense?

      Ron Jeffries
      Do only what is necessary. Keep only what you need.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic