17771Re: Valid uses of this list (was: RUP and Agile)

  • Ken Schwaber
    Dec 1, 2006
      Ron …

      All self-organization is bounded. I often compare Scrum to chess, or
      even rugby. Scrum sets forth the rules within which the game is
      played; self-organization happens within that frame-work. Otherwise
      you have chaos, not complexity.

      <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
      > Hello, Clinton. On Friday, December 1, 2006, at 12:34:45 PM, you
      > wrote:
      > > A good Scrum Master will put a halt to discussions that start to drift
      > > outside the scope of the daily Scrum. The role of a moderator on
      a list
      > > with a stated scope is similar.
      > What happened to that self-organization thing?
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled,
      > the humiliating question arises, "Why then are you not taking part in
      > them?" -- H. G. Wells
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic