1591Re: [scrumdevelopment] Questioning eXtreme Project Management

  • Brad Appleton
    Jul 12, 2003
      On Sat, Jul 12, 2003 at 12:29:49AM -0500, Mike Beedle wrote:
      > So as it turns out to be, we, the Agile Software Developers
      > of the world, also use the word "agile" as in:
      >
      > Agile Organization
      > Agile Business
      > Agile Enterprise
      > Agile Manufacturing
      > Etc.
      >
      > That's why we chose the word.

      Thanks Mike! (I actually knew that :). I was just trying to clarify where some of those other folks borrowed the use of 'extreme' from (they all borrowed it from something, and often even indirectly from the same underlying source. But some got it 'directly' from different sources other than agile SW methods"

      I like "agile" myself better than most of those other alternatives (thank goodness "nimble" wasn't in the list - sorry but to me the word itself has a sound that evokes the image of a guy named "Jack" doing some rather unintelligent-sounding athletic maneuver that would unnecessarily and undesirably engage in thermodynamic heat transfer to his posterior :)