15899Re: [scrumdevelopment] Re: How to get from Use-Cases to a Product Backlog?

  • Vickydhiman
    Aug 31, 2006
      Hello Kane:

      Business Analysts have twin responsibilities or three responsibilities in the Sprints:
      1. Work with Product Owner and Customer for next Sprint Use Cases
      2. Work with the team to refine and discuss use cases [and write any that are missing that were not thought before]
      3. Work with QA to define acceptance tests for next Sprint

      QA for the sprint is done within the sprint. At the end working software is delivered - tested and accepted.

      Thanks

      Vicki

      Kane Mar <kane_sfo@...> wrote:
      --- In scrumdevelopment@ yahoogroups. com, Vickydhiman <vickydhiman@ ...>
      wrote:

      > Do you capture "ALL" the use-cases in Sprint "0"?
      >
      > We work with SCRUM and Use-Cases. However, we do the reverse. We
      first make the product backlog. There are some basic specifications
      [graphical Visio diagrams] + some short sentences at this stage.

      > Then, we start with Sprint "0" which has client sign-off on
      Use-Cases/ Test Cases for first sprint. During the second sprint -
      the developers work on the actual value while the Product Owner works
      with Analysts to write the Use-Cases for the next sprint.

      So would I be correct in assuming that the PO and Analysts work one
      Sprint ahead of the development team? How about testing? Do you do the
      testing one sprint behind the developers?

      Best regards,
      Kane Mar
      W: http://www.Danube. com
      B: http://KaneMar. Wordpress. com