1558RE: [scrumdevelopment] Large Scrum project at Booz Allen Hamilton/DOD

  • Mike Beedle
    Jun 30, 2003
      Message

      Glen:

      Good questions.

      > (1)     How is scrum going to be used to comply with the DCAA reporting process for contract payment? Earned Value reporting?

      There will be some extensions done to our daily Scrum task-level tracking for DCAA compliance and Earned Value reporting.  Scrum provides for most of the detailed "raw data" from which we will do all the necessary translations but in some cases we will need to keep track of additional data.  For example, translating the traditional time-to-completion tracking in Scrum to work accomplished and value earned, but there will be additional tracking for resource utilization (not traditionally done in Scrum).

      > (2)     How does Scrum interact with the cyber security and IV&V auditing process on DCAA contracts

      Our application will have to be certified as a DITSCAP certified application and it will run in a "cyber-secured" facility by BAH.

      The IV&V auditing process has also been contracted by BAH with some additional help from DOD.  Most of this process will take place by writing acceptance tests and then executing them independently.

      > (3)     What artifacts are used for the client during the progress review process?

      Daily expanded Scrum spreadsheets and reports.

      I hope this is helpful,

      - Mike