      From: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com [mailto:scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tamara Sulaiman
      Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:25 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Do you count weekends in your burn down chart?

      I don't include weekend or holidays in my burn downs.   Because I'm

      tracking 'estimates of work remaining, '  if work does get done on the

      weekend, then that is reflected in the next work day's estimates -

      which is what I really care about.   In planning a sprint, I calculate

      an estimated 'capacity' and use that as a 'double check' for the team,

      (in addition to average velocity)  when they are defining the sprint

      backlog. That way when we have a short sprint - like the one we are in

      now due to the Memorial Day holiday, we have a good measure of what we

      can expect to get accomplished in that sprint.     It's been working

      quite well across a number of different projects so far.

      Tamara

      Message 2

          From: "Don Parker" donparker@...

          Date: Mon May 29, 2006 3:10pm(PDT)

      Subject: Do you count weekends in your burn down chart?

      Hello all,

      This is a newbie question.  Do you include weekend days on your burn

      down charts, or do you only list total number of working days for the

      sprint?

      cheers,

      dp

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/9EfwlB/TM