13498Re: [scrumdevelopment] Seperate engineering and QA backlog, burndown and velocity

  • Adrian Howard
    May 2, 2006
      On 2 May 2006, at 07:36, Mark Striebeck wrote:
      [snip]
      > But there is no exchange with QA, an engineer
      > can't do the QA and vice versa.
      [snip]

      Any particular reason why not? If it were me that would be something
      I'd be trying to change.

      [snip]
      > So far, the teams of all the projects don't see any benefit in
      > this. The
      > overall engineering burndown (instead of individual burndowns for each
      > engineer) makes sense as the engineers can shift tasks around
      > depending on
      > who has finished his/her task. But there is no exchange with QA, an
      > engineer
      > can't do the QA and vice versa.
      [snip]

      This may be me being dim - but how does this work?

      How do the programmers tell whether they have completed a piece of
      work without knowing whether it passes the tests? What are the units
      on the chart for the QA team (units assessed? units passed?) ?

      Surely a feature can only be marked as completed once the "engineer"
      and the "QA" person has finished?

      Adrian
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic