128Re: book, "Agile Software Development with Scrum"

  • jonas.b@home.se
    Nov 28, 2001
      Hi,
      Emerging requirements and self-organization I can understand and
      agree to. But I have harder understanding emerging architecture. Self-
      organizing teams are just human nature, whereas architecture is a
      complex composition which is hard to change. I don't imply that
      emerging architecture is nonsense but I can't understand how it's
      possible.

      Thanks for the articles on InformIT Ken, they were great!

      Regards,
      Jonas

      --- In scrumdevelopment@y..., "Ken Schwaber" <ken.schwaber@v...>
      wrote:
      > <Won't it be hard to create a stable architecture if you don't have
      > the end goal in sight? Or it is sufficient to use the information in
      > the backlog as a foundation?>
      >
      > Emergence of requirements and architecture, and self-organization
      are
      > research topics. Experientially, we know they work and are
      applicable to
      > software development, but the theoretical basis and its connection
      > software development hasn't been made. See two articles that
      Prentice Hall
      > put up on www.informit.com under agile development that I wrote.
      >
      > <But doesn't it cause problems if highly skilled and
      > experienced engineers recieve the same salary as newly examined
      > nitwits? Are the Scrum team persistent? Do they remain the same in
      several
      > projects if they are well-fuinctioning?>
      >
      > In the overall performance review, evaluate the team and the
      individual's
      > contributions. Unless disfunction occurs, it's in the team and the
      > organization's benefit to keep teams working together, owning
      products and
      > systems.
      >
      > <Quite incompatible with the collective ownership rule of XP :-)>
      >
      > The product wasn't using XP, so we felt free to use this rule.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic