11729Re: [scrumdevelopment] what benefits can sub tasking bring to developers?

    Mar 1, 2006
      On Tuesday, February 28, 2006, at 10:50:24 PM, kittys shu wrote:

      > How can we persuade developers to do this? Or, in other words, what are the big and obvious
      > benefits for them to show their private working steps?

      I like to see the team brainstorm the technical tasks that are to be
      done, but to see user stories signed up for, not tasks. (By the way
      "user story" is, as far as I know, an XP term, not a Scrum term.)

      Brainstorming the technical tasks is an explicit albeit small design
      step and therefore it benefits the team by keeping everyone aware of
      the intended design of each story, and allowing everyone to

      Signing up for stories rather than tasks keeps the team focused on
      story completion, not task completion. Thus, I prefer it.

      Ron Jeffries
      It is a bad plan that admits of no modifications. -- Publius Syrus (ca. 42 BCE)
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic