      From: Ken Schwaber [mailto:kschwaber@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 2:22 PM
      To: scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [scrumdevelopment] Updates and xP@Scrum

      New stuff has been put up on the www.controlchaos.com website,
      including more information about the newest Scrum book and recent
      articles at InformIT about advances in Scrum (emergence and self-
      organizing teams). The InformIT articles should be up in mid-October.

      Scrum has been employed successfully as a management wrapper for a
      significant part of the xP engineering practices. This provides xP
      with scalability, business value driven practices, and all of the
      empirical practices in Scrum. We're tentatively calling this
      combination xP@Scrum. xP@Scrum can be used for the traditional xP
      object oriented projects, or can be employed incrementally for non-OO
      projects. For more information or support implementing xP@Scrum,
      contact ADM. The Scrum and Agile Product/Project Management couse in
      Chicago on October 22nd and 23rd provides more details on xP@Scrum.
      See www.controlchaos.com for more information.