10431Re: (unknown)

  • kipkruide
    Dec 2, 2005
      --- In scrumdevelopment@yahoogroups.com, Tobias Mayer <tobyanon@y...>
      wrote:

      Solution seems simple then does it not, don't use the term xp, after
      all it is the results that count.

      Though in my peculiar world of humour it would be fun to tell the
      execs they've been doing xp for the last year, just to see the look on
      their faces.

      > I care. Because "doing XP" is a big turn off to many people; often,
      exactly because of all the hype. But unit testing, or adopting test
      driven development, or automating the build process, or improving
      one's refactoring practices (etc.) well, those things usually make
      sense to people - and they are willing to do them - adopting XP a
      slice at a time, as it were. So yes, it is important for developers
      to know that these practices are older than XP, that they preceded the
      branding. That way they can be discussed on their own merits. Don't
      throw away history for the sake of marketing.
      > Tobias (not a brand fan)
      >

      > Jef L Newsom <jef@i...> wrote:
      > I was wondering the same thing. Is there a concern that the brand
      > diminishes the value somehow? The simple fact is that they *are* XP
      > engineering practices, since XP brands them as such, "The engineering
      > practices that compose XP." And they *are* just engineering practices,
      > too. I personally don't care what they're called -- they're good tools
      > to have in your box.
      >
      > Jef
      >
      > JOEY: ... Go to China. Eat Chinese food.
      > CHANDLER: Course there, they just call it "food."

      Service.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic