Re: Need Advice on Purchase!

  • victoriantreasures
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 1999
      If you don't mind a reconditioned Dewalt 788 for
      $299 (free freight), try www.harborfreight.com.
      Unfortunately, I'm getting into sawing stacks of microthin
      exotic hardwood, and the Dewalt I just got from them
      still grabs and lifts the wood up like the other
      low-end saws even using the non-reverse tooth 2/0. I'm
      within the 30 day return period (barely), so I'll be
      finding out if their return policy on power tools lives
      up to their return policy on hand tools (which is
      great). The Dewalt is MUCH quieter than my sister's
      Craftsman.