Re: color of blade (following the line)

  • tmullanejr
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      RJ
      You are getting robbed.... just ordered 1.5 gross of spiral blades
      from Mike at Flying Dutchman for $27.57 and that included 1st class
      mail shipping. And without a doubt they are the best blades I have
      ever used...
      Aa far as seeing the blade against the pattern... I print all my
      patterns in either pale blue or pink and have no problems seeing the
      line even in the smallest areas
      Tom

      --- In scrollsawing@y..., slot2cars <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Hello group,
      > I like the idea of a red line to follow instead of that black
      > line..this may be a silly question but...
      > Are all number two blades black? I can only buy DeWalt blades and
      > olson blades here where i live..not a bad blade tho..(DeWalt)i can
      do
      > alot of cutting before i replace it..
      > I would think (maybe) a number two blade would be a little easier
      > see if it was that nice shiny metal like a number five olson is.
      > Store here only sells 5-7-9 number blades from olson.
      > Also going to have to start to order my blades from
      somewhere..store
      > here gets almost 6 bucks for a pack...
      > thanks...
      > R.J
    • slot2cars
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        --- In scrollsawing@y..., tmullanejr <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > RJ
        > You are getting robbed.... just ordered 1.5 gross of spiral blades
        > from Mike at Flying Dutchman for $27.57 and that included 1st class
        > mail shipping. And without a doubt they are the best blades I have
        > ever used...
        > Aa far as seeing the blade against the pattern... I print all my
        > patterns in either pale blue or pink and have no problems seeing
        the
        > line even in the smallest areas
        > Tom
        >

        >>Tom,
        >>Yes thats my plan..to order by the gross..like i mention before
        blades here cost almost 6 bucks a pack..i'm just waiting for my
        samples here to show up from Mike, should be here in a day or so. I
        see you mention a spiral blade..yes i thought i would give his a
        try..don't know tho if i want that many of just a spiral blade......
        And yes, next time i have a pattern copy somewhere,going to go with a
        different color..i would think that would make a big difference.
        Thanks
        R.J
      • tmullanejr
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
          RJ
          Since I cut portraits almost exclusively, I find the spirals work
          best for me... and even on my hardwood christmas ornaments they do a
          fantastic job... I guess you just have to get used to them... I use
          them from 2/0 (.024") up to a 5 (.042") and I find that the fuzzies
          are no worse than any other blade I have tried.... but when it comes
          to spirals the Flying Dutchman is the only blade I will use.. the
          other spirals just dont cut as nice.
          Tom

          --- In scrollsawing@y..., slot2cars <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > --- In scrollsawing@y..., tmullanejr <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > RJ
          > > You are getting robbed.... just ordered 1.5 gross of spiral
          blades
          > > from Mike at Flying Dutchman for $27.57 and that included 1st
          class
          > > mail shipping. And without a doubt they are the best blades I
          have
          > > ever used...
          > > Aa far as seeing the blade against the pattern... I print all my
          > > patterns in either pale blue or pink and have no problems seeing
          > the
          > > line even in the smallest areas
          > > Tom
          > >

          > >>Tom,
          > >>Yes thats my plan..to order by the gross..like i mention before
          > blades here cost almost 6 bucks a pack..i'm just waiting for my
          > samples here to show up from Mike, should be here in a day or so. I
          > see you mention a spiral blade..yes i thought i would give his a
          > try..don't know tho if i want that many of just a spiral blade......
          > And yes, next time i have a pattern copy somewhere,going to go with
          > different color..i would think that would make a big difference.
          > Thanks
          > R.J
        • slot2cars
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2, 2002
            --- In scrollsawing@y..., tmullanejr <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > RJ
            > Since I cut portraits almost exclusively, I find the spirals work
            > best for me... and even on my hardwood christmas ornaments they do
            > fantastic job... I guess you just have to get used to them... I use
            > them from 2/0 (.024") up to a 5 (.042") and I find that the fuzzies
            > are no worse than any other blade I have tried.... but when it
            comes
            > to spirals the Flying Dutchman is the only blade I will use.. the
            > other spirals just dont cut as nice.
            > Tom
            >

            >>>Tom,
            >>>Ok, you talked me into it..will for sure order some of them
            spirals blades..did get my samples today, will try then out later
            tonite after supper..
            thanks..
            R.J:)